Computer Services Consultant
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Date: July 2010
Provides administrative and other data processing support services to the Agency, school districts and other education agencies. Provides leadership in assessing needs for data system services and assists users in meeting identified needs. Supports clients in understanding and using applications and data systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, education or related area or, alternatively, comparable combination of education and experience.
- Five years of professional experience working with computer services/data systems.
- Knowledge and experience with school administrative business practices and computer applications.
- Provides consultation to clients and prospective clients in a) investigating and selecting feasible data processing applications and in b) considering, implementing and supporting applications provided.
- Provides advanced technical support and responds to clients to answer questions and resolve problems related to use of data applications and systems.
- Evaluates administrative data processing applications and system supports and recommends and/or develops new applications or enhancements as appropriate.
- Conducts individualized and group training for clients in data processing applications.
- Coordinates data processing services for clients and builds capacity to support the administrative operations of clients served.
- Directs for clients the establishment and maintenance of procedures and timelines for data preparation and processing.
- Collaboratively develops and implements goals and objectives for data processing services.
- Participates in projects, committees or activities to support the Agency’s mission, goals and priorities.
- Demonstrates self-discipline and initiative to produce high-quality, organized and dependable results.
- Conveys a positive and professional image to staff and public.
- Maintains current knowledge of data processing applications, best practices and industry standards.
Follows policies, procedures, standards and rules of the Agency and industry which includes, but is not limited to, developing and maintaining proper and adequate records and documentation.
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member and work collaboratively with others and independently as appropriate.
- Ability and willingness to be flexible and respond to the changing needs of clients and the Agency.
Effective presentation, consulting and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Ability to use data to make sound decisions.
- Ability to apply and integrate technical knowledge, techniques and expertise into an effective style of service.
Ability to apply creative and visionary solutions for data needs.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, write reports and correspondence, and apply appropriate mathematical concepts.
- Ability to travel between client sites served.
- Normal, routine levels of activity related to bending, carrying, climbing, hearing, lifting, reaching, sitting, standing, vision and walking, and may also involve above-average levels of activity at times that can’t always be anticipated.